When it comes to fire safety, everyone can benefit from knowing what they should do when a fire suddenly erupts. From a small kitchen fire to an electrical blaze at work, knowing what to do can help save lives and/or limit damage to a building or business. For example, if a person knows how to use foam extinguishers in Dublin, they can make a considerable difference in containing the fire and perhaps prevent the spread of fire to high-occupancy and high value adjacent buildings. If they do not know how to select the right extinguisher or how to use it, it can place them at risk of being injured or even accelerate the fire.
Benefits of Fire Extinguishers
- They take up very little space and should be located close to high risk areas that have the potential to start a fire.
- Foam extinguishers can be used to put out flammable liquids or solid ignitable materials.
- The chemical used in foam extinguishers help smother the flames, cutting off the oxygen that is required for a fire to burn.
- Foam extinguishers are effective in stopping the fire from re-igniting after being put out and can be used to prevent spilled flammable liquids from igniting.
- Foam extinguishers are not suitable for use on live electrical equipment or flammable metal fires so are often complimented by a Carbon Dioxide or Dry Powder extinguisher unit.
- Fire extinguishers are easy to use and come with instructions on the body of the unit indicating how to use.
- Owning fire extinguishers and knowing how they work can help minimize the impact a fire can have.
Reduce the Risk of an Out-of-Control Fire by Being Prepared
A small fire can grow rapidly into a large blaze if they are not quickly extinguished. When you equip your home or business with fire protection equipment, you can save lives and limit the damage caused. Fire Products Direct offers Carbon Dioxide (CO2), Dry Powder, Wet Chemical and Foam Extinguishers in Dublin and nationwide throughout Ireland.